Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Great Gatsby Notes II

Why does Tom act this way?


How did the Buchanan couple gain their wealth?


Divan- Couch/Sophisticated from a certain time


Why is Daisy unsatisfied?


'The Rise of the Coloured Empires'


Tom is racist


Silver Polisher-What is that? What does it have to do with the story?


Indirect Characterization


Tom's cheating on Daisy


 "It'll show you how I've gotten to feel abut things. Well, she was less than an hour old and Tom was God knows where. I woke up out of the Ether with an utterly abandoned feeling and asked the nurse whether it was a boy or a girl. She told me it was a girl, and so I turned my head away and wept. 'All Right,' I said, 'I'm glad it's a girl. And I hope she'll be a fool-that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool."


Single Green Light, minute and far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment