Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Yet another Journal Response.

Journal Response-August 17, 2016



TOPIC: Why do people argue? What factors should determine who wins an Argument? Describe a time you won or lost an Argument. Did the experience change your mind? If it didn't, what would have?



RESPONSE: To me, 'Argument' is just a petty way of saying 'Debate,' and there are two main types of Arguing: The main version is trying to show who's right on a topic, such as when someone abuses a spouse because they claim that the spouse was 'Ungrateful' or 'Undeserving' which usually ends up in violent physical contact. The second is more of a 'Debate' to collaborate on a common problem, like in the United Nations. Usually the winner of an Argument or Debate is the person who's idea is used or the opposing party backs down to said person. The times I've been in an Argument, I sometimes win, but usually lose. I'm usually trying to Debate a problem and end up losing, and it changes my mind even if I do win, such as when one of our pets that was still quite small and young escaped to the backyard when there was a Opossum out and about. As said pet was black in color, I was worried that he might get attacked and we wouldn't be able to find him. My idea was to run out with a flashlight and try to catch him, while my Mother's idea was to let him come in on his own terms. We tried both ideas and mine didn't work, so I changed my mind and let him come back inside when he was ready; he did come back in eventually, but I couldn't help but worry.

"Silence is Argument carried out by other means."
                                           -Che Guevera
  

No comments:

Post a Comment